The contest is beging held by none other than Kristi over at The Story Siren blog! For more information, be sure to click on the highlighted text and head on over to her blog for everything, including all the books that are on the list!
This will be my first year trying the challenge. My goal is to try and read one book from the list for the 12 months and hopefully maybe tack on three more for three of those months of books I want to read badly. 20 books will be my maximum reads for the year of this list.
I was also a little nervous about this because of school and the possibility of maybe not sticking to it. But I want to push myself to read more next year. I also want to explore these new worlds that sound exciting.
So how long is the contest you might ask? Well here is the main gist of it:
- It is a year-long challenge that begins on January 1, 2012 and ends on January 31, 2013. (It has been extended a month so December 2012 debuts can count toward this year’s challenge.)
- You must have a blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads
- Your blog must be written in English
- Deadline to join is May 31, 2012
- The book must be a young adult or middle grade title
- The book must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012
- Only books read between the dates of January 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013 will count toward your challenge total.
- If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
- If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
Okay now here are the books I'm looking to read for the challenge:
"Everneath" by Brodi Ashton
"Tempest" by Julie Cross
"Incarnate" by Jodi Meadows
"Cinder" by Marissa Meyer
"Under the Never Sky" by Veronica Rossi
"The Catastrophic History of You and Me" by Jess Rothenberg
"Born Wicked" by Jessica Sportswood
"Pretty Crooked" by Elisa Ludwig
"The Selection" by Kiera Cass
"The Vicious Deep" by Zoraida Cordova
"Struck" by Jennifer Bosworth
"Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe" by Shelley Coriell
"Sweet Evil" by Wendy Higgins
... and many others! I'll add more as the year goes. Some do not have a release date or much added to the book itself on Goodreads. So it's a mystery at the moment.
So to everyone that is joining, I wish you all good luck and wonderful adventures in reading!