"Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep--sometimes with each other.

S is back from boarding school, and if we aren't careful, she's going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn't fit into, steal our boyfriends' hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I'll be watching closely...

You know you love me,

gossip girl" - Goodreads
Title: Gossip Girl #1: A Novel
Series: Gossip Girl Series
Author: Cecily von Ziegesar
Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: April 1st 2002
Format: Paperback
Pages: 224
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary
Rating: ❤❤❤
Where to Buy: Amazon | B&N

This book is VERY different from the television show. First off, most of the kids in the book do a lot of drugs, i mean all the kids smoke, get high, and do a lot of recreational drugs.

It starts off with Blair being bulimic. It goes on to mention how Dan smokes and you find out Chuck and Nate getting high in the park on the way to school. Serena is very conceited in this book, then on the show. Blair in the book is more human than in the show (ie - less b***hy). I also feel this book stays more true to lifestyle of the upper east side in manhattan. Even with the good, the bad, and the ugly aspects of it.

I did enjoy the book a lot though. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it wasn't boring either. This is more of a book for young girls, more so who aren't too impressionable, because of the activities that go on in the book.